Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years in general practice, including avian.
18324312

My female Rosa bauke has a red raw back from the male treading

Customer Question

My female Rosa bauke has a red raw back from the male treading her all the time .she seems quite depresse
Category: Bird
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob.
I apologize for the length of time this answer has taken to get back to you. I just recently was asked by the site moderator to try to help you. Short of rehoming your rooster, the best solution to this problem I've come across is a protective vest for the hen called a "Hen Saver Vest". You can read about and purchase these vests online here: http://www.hensaver.com They work quite well without harming either the hen or the rooster in any way. Please let me know if you should have any additional questions.
Kind regards, Dr. Bob