Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

our canary appears to be bleeding over his beak - between his

Customer Question

our canary appears to be bleeding over his beak - between his eyes. What could this be?
Category: Bird
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. Pat replied 3 years ago.
Greetings, I am Dr. Pat. I have worked with birds for many years. I will do my best to help you.

Is it drops of blood, or a group of tiny blood feathers? Is it possibly from the nostrils, mouth or from him picking at another part of his body?