Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinary surgeon, I have spent a lot of time with bird cases and I'm happy to help you.
60269376

We have swallows nesting in an outhouse and have been coming

we have swallows nesting in an outhouse and have been coming back for the last 8 years
I have noticed since sunday that one of them is struggling to fly.i was able to pick him up
and put him on a shelf
we live between bridgnorth and Wolverhampton, any advise.is there a vet that deals with small wild birds
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Now in regards ***** ***** question, most small animal vet practices will take in wildlife from the public. So, you can submit this wee one to any of your local practices. They will examine this poor wee one and if they are treatable, they can turn them over to the local rehabilitation center (which they do tend to have relationships with these centers and can get a bird taken in even if the public cannot). You can find a local vet by you via http://www.rcvs.org.uk/find-a-vet/. Otherwise, I would just note that you are ~2 hours from one of the largest rehabilitation centers in our country, St. Tiggywinkles (http://www.sttiggywinkles.org.uk/). So, it would be a drive, but you could take this poorly bird to them for full care as needed.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )