Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Good morning, what signalling (can or pwm) is used to control

Customer Question

Good morning, what signalling (can or pwm) is used to control the Garrett Turbo actuator on the 520D E60, the G number is XXXXX Please and thank you, KB.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, I was just about to ask for a refund. The answer to this question is important to me.

Continue searching please.

KB

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Moderator,

I have found the answer to the question. If your experts come up with the same answer I will gladly spend my deposit. If not, I would like my deposit returned, please.

KB

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im sorry to see you had a wait on your question...

If I understand your question correctly - the system / actuator is not powered by the CAN system on the car- rather it is operated by the 12v power supply system , via ultimately, the Ecu on the car...

I hope that answers your question but by all means let me know if perhaps I have misunderstood etc.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

...... Please do click on one of the OK~ Excellent service ratings for now please - as that is how I am credited for helping you... Thank you for that ....and you are Welcome back anytime..

Rgds - MIKE..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know the supply is 12volts. What signaling is used to control the actuator. KB
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No rating will be given until the question is answered, please read the question again. KB

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again.

I have re read through all the above so that I fully understand your issue... and it appears that you already know the answer to your own question. This is not a "test" site - it it here to help people who genuinly need help.

Rgds, MIKE.