Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Fuel supply X5 diesel

Customer Question

I have a problem with my BMW X5 diesel 2001, I cant get a proper flow of diesel to the fuel filter even after fitting a new pump ???? Any ideas , Could it be the valve arrangement in the saddle tank ????? Does this vehicle have a inline pump as well as the one in the Tank, There is one listed in the parts list but I cant find it on the car??? Plenty of fuel pumping out of the pipe that leaves the secondary sender unit and goes forward to the fuel filter. I presume this is the feed?? Dont know what else to try .Thanks ... Graham XXXX

Category: BMW
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Just to confirm - Do you have the last 7 digits of your vin number?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

LN02323...thanks

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi.there..

Ok..ive checked with your vin number there and it should have an external fuel pump there outside the tank itself - ive inc anyway the diagrams/procedure to check that below..i do hope this helps..