Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 335d bmw 2 door coupe 2007 the n/s headlight will

Customer Question

I have a 335d bmw 2 door coupe 2007 the n/s headlight will not dip
Category: BMW
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this...

Could you please explain the situation a little more fully - and inc whatever checks / tests you have done etc so far--- ?

Rgds, MIKE........................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I put my headlights the n/s comes on in full beam when I then dip the lights the o/s dips but the n/s stays on full beam

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Richard-

Thank you for your reply...

Ok - can you tell me as I asked above, exactly what you have done, checked so far - ?

Rgds -MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike

I have not done any thing yet. I want to know how I can fix this problem. So far I have switched on the headlights and used the dip switch.

Rgds-richard

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike.

I have not had a reply from you yet. I have not done any thing yet..So far I have just switched the headlights on thay come both on full beam when I dip them the n/s stays on full beam but the o/s dips. Is it the headlight at fault or something else.

Rgds.

Richard.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

Hello again Richard -

I do apologise - I lost connection and just couldn't get back to you until now..so Im sorry about that -

If I understand you correctly then - the one side dip is just staying on...when you should have both sides on dip - as selected.

It was a common fault to have continual issues whererby the n/s would not come on at all and rarely though you do get this issue.
This is almost always a faulty headlamp control module - I would suggest you just have that confirmed / double checked at a garage that knows these models - if you dont have one such near you - then a local Bmw dealer will only have to take one look at it to confirm and wont likely charge anything for that... Too - you wuld need to obtain a new module from them anyway so it may be as well to kill two birds as they say and go there - have them confirm it and then go from there. Also, they would need the cars VIN to Id the part etc -

Again, I suspect thats the case as you have described it - switch / wiring issues would cause faults on both sides - not just the one so thats why that leads me that way..

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.