Roger
Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

My 330d is lacking in power and showing a diesel particle filter

Customer Question

My 330d is lacking in power and showing a diesel particle filter warning. Are they related? Is it easy to fix and how much will it cost?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

My name is Roger and I will do my best to help you with this.

These two symptoms sound related. The reduction in power can occur when a DPF fault sets. I suspect you may only need a regeneration performed. This cleans out the DPF filter which is collecting the soot. The dealer can perform a regeneration forced using the BMW tester and then it needs to be drive for 45 minutes at highway speeds.

This should only cost a 2-3 hours of diagnosis time to scan, verify the fault, and run the regeneration for you.

I hope this information is helpful. Please provide a positive rating. An excellent rating is much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Roger