Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2000 3 series 318 estate - head gasket so car taken to

Customer Question

2000 3 series 318 estate - blown head gasket so car taken to garage for repair. On rebuild car would not start and alarm on continously. Fault diagnosed as ECU and secondhand unit fitted. Car started and driven .
New faults now apparent - no ACU, htr, wipers , tailgate lock or windows. Garage at loss as to problems but not apparent before rebuild. I think that the garage may have introduced a fault during the rebuild and they are at a loss as to what to do next
Any ideas
Category: BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with this difficult problem.

Can you please post to me the last seven digits of the VIN number? Also for the heater control panel, does the display turn on or does it not work at all?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi car now in garage. Thank you for replying