Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

E39 530 tourer Y reg. Driver Door Speakers not working. All

Customer Question

E39 530 tourer Y reg. Driver Door Speakers not working. All others working fine in all modes. tape cd changer in rear nearside. No warning signs
Category: BMW
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Its possible you have an amp issue / fault - but it could be simply a bad connection to that speaker - wire off etc...or failed speaker. This does happen with the door movement etc over the years.

So the first thing to do would be to remove the door panel and then check the wiring to the actual speaker -and so on as above.

Before removing the door panel to check as above though, check the wiring that goes from the car body to the door in the rubber tubing - they often break in there...and then deal with as you find.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.