Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

hi mate why my bmw 330i gear box smg modlel IS NOT WORKING

Customer Question

hi mate why my bmw 330i gear box smg modlel IS NOT WORKING NOT CHANGEING GEAR WHEN IT SHOULD DO ?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Many issue can cause the transmission not to change , you probably find you are in limp mode which happens when the management system encounters a malfunction with in the system .

What you will have to do is get your car hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes .

With the malfunction codes you will know what has malfunctioned and be able to repair what has failed .

You will have to check out your local garage and ask if they are equipped to check your Beema ,if not then a trip to your local dealer as the malfunction codes you need to get are manufacture codes .

If you need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me .

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Rgds Greg