Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi My son pulled a lever in his BMW 3 series convertible

My son pulled a lever in his BMW 3 series convertible 1998 and now finds that the roof is not working electrically and a red light is flashing on the dashboard. Do you know how the motor can be connected back to operate the roof electrically?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

he pulled the emergency release

there is a process that now needs to be carried out to re set and re sync the roof. it is tricky and is intended to be carried out by a professional in a workshop setting. you can attempt it at home if you would like

here are the instructions: CLICK HERE and then press "download" to save them to your own computer

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your repairs.