Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi My son pulled a lever in his BMW 3 series convertible

My son pulled a lever in his BMW 3 series convertible 1998 and now finds that the roof is not working electrically and a red light is flashing on the dashboard. Do you know how the motor can be connected back to operate the roof electrically?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

he pulled the emergency release

there is a process that now needs to be carried out to re set and re sync the roof. it is tricky and is intended to be carried out by a professional in a workshop setting. you can attempt it at home if you would like

here are the instructions: CLICK HERE and then press "download" to save them to your own computer

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your repairs.