Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My air conditioning will not go below 16C - is there any way

Customer Question

My air conditioning will not go below 16C - is there any way to get it much
lower? I will be satisfied if I am able to reduce the temperature with zero car mechanics expertise, and without having to take the car to a dealer
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

I am going to give an honest answer. I trust that it will be appreciated.

There is no way to do what you are asking. Period. Not even a dealer can do this. 16 is the lowest setting because that is all the cars AC system can handle. Attempting to go lower could damage components.

Sorry to have potentially bad news, please don't shoot the messenger. I can only give the honest answer based on what you describe. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt answer and I receive nothing until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your repairs.