Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2009 318d msport started ran for aprox 5-10 sec then cut out

Customer Question

2009 318d msport started ran for aprox 5-10 sec then cut out light on dash indicates fuel fault AAsaid there are no fault codes stored. Any ideas would be very helpfull might not have anything to do with it be the wife was placing shopping in the boot at the time is there anything in there that she could of hit Thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

Hi Reba,

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.
.

the fuel transfer pump is located under the boot, but she wouldn't likely have disrupted it with bags. It is possible that something electrical was disturbed behind either side of the trim panels in the boot, so you can check for anything obvious there - and be sure to check fuses

aside from the above, if you have no faults, then manual, hands on checks of the fuel system will be required.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.