Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi i have a Bmw 325ci sport coupe 2004 reg automatic. The automatic

Customer Question

Hi i have a Bmw 325ci sport coupe 2004 reg automatic. The automatic transmission sequential light has come on. If i put the car in drive it will not move but make a noise from the transmission like rotating noise, if i put it in reverse it will reverse.
Is this a major and expensive job to fix?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

unfortunately yes, you will most likely need a replacement transmission or complete overhaul of yours. it will be expensive.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Steve the last time i had problem with the transmission it was just a sensor, the only thing i did not hear the noise i am hearing now. is it likely it could be a sensor/

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

No.

The noise you are hearing and the complete lack of forward gears is not a sensor.