Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hello, I have a BMW 320i M Sport Touring on an 06 plate. The

Customer Question

Hello, I have a BMW 320i M Sport Touring on an 06 plate. The unlock function on the remote key and the button on the dash inside isn't working however the lock function both does. When I unlock the drivers door manually only the drivers door and the boot unlock and the other three doors stay locked. When I press the unlock button on the remote, the lights flash once but the doors remain locked. Can you advise on the problem?

Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

This is most commonly just a simple blown fuse.

Of all fuses are okay, then it can also be caused by a control module failure or one or more failed locks. Bmw has developed a lot of specific diagnostics for this issue as it is common, so if the issue is not the fuse you will be best served to invest in a proper diagnostic by a main bmw dealer in order to avoid any possible mis diagnosis or replacement of necessary parts.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If its the fuse would the locking mech not work as well as the unlock on the remote?
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

yes the blown fuse can cause strange behavior like that since it fuses the control module and not the actual locks

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your repairs.