Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2005 530d, my car is shaking and my mechani said to

Customer Question

I have a 2005 530d, my car is shaking and my mechani said to put 1 litre of oil in with every £40 of diesel and this would help my injectors, is this true or is ok to do
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

there are lots of rumors and talk of this helping to keep things lubricated, etc, but I personally would not do it, nor does BMW recommend it

People run their diesel BMWs to hundreds of thousands of miles without doing this, there is no need to - and it could potentially foul your fuel system or emissions system as well

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your repairs.