Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

my alarm is activatet all the time on my e 36 the buttons on

my alarm is activatet all the time on my e 36 the buttons on the remote dont work even after changing the battery the car will start but the hazards and alarm are going all the time can u please help
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE..

Can you tell me the history to this - ie, has something been done at the car etc that appears to have had a bearing / cause to this ?

Or was it the changing the remote batteries that caused it -- ?

Is the alarm sounding continually - or going off every so often?

The more you can tell me as I cannot be there to see / test it, the better I can help -

Kind Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi mike the alarm is intermitent along with the hazards it startet with the car being locked with the central locking over last wk end and then opened with the key instead of the alarm fob the alarm been armed since i can unlock the doors with the key and startcar but the alarm sounds and hazads are going the alarm fob on key ring has no effect

Hello again James -

Sorry I missed you last eve - I was off after that time Im afraid.

Ok - disconnect the battery James - car battery... Make sure you have its radio code if that type - and have the keys out of the car.

Then connect with a wire, the two neg / pos cable ends together... and leave like that for 30 mins - then disconnect - then leave a further 15 mins.. then reconnect them to the battery... and re try it.

That will re boot the system - Sometimes its just a glitch and that will cure it.

IF not - if it persists, then its usually a bonnet / boot or door lock switch thats causing this... the switch is broken / faulty - or the wiring to it is damaged - and the systems sets off because it "thinks" there is a door / boot / bonnet open..... So that then all will need further checking through.

Start then with the bonnet switch / circuit - thats the usual cause... and then go from there.

Of course plug diagnostics at a garage would quickly find this fault - but you can usually find / cure it working as above.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.