Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

i have a 1999 bmw 318 se petrol i changed the water pump and

Customer Question

i have a 1999 bmw 318 se petrol i changed the water pump and radiator and it still over heats afta 20 mins i changed the termostate and still the same problem car is ticking over perfect no smoke piles of power but it just keep over heating and im sick off it does it needs a new engine
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

I would suggest you make sure there is no air in the cooling system and that the fans are operaring properly.

Assuming yes, the next step is a test for blown head gasket / cracked head / cracked block

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.