Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I cant get any sound out of the radio,cd,tv or sat nav on

I can't get any sound out of the radio,cd,tv or sat nav on a 25ci sports is this a common fault

hello and welcome

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

.

this is normally due to a failed amp, failed audio head unit or software problem

in some cases a failure elsewhere can have a ripple through effect and take out other components / functions, but the above are the most common / likely

yes this is a somewhat common failure

be sure to check fuses if you have not, just in case

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your repairs.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi steve, just checked the fuses everthing is ok so what will it be?

.

the answer to your original question " is this a common fault" - is yes, it is

regarding cause, as my original post stated: "this is normally due to a failed amp, failed audio head unit or software problem. In some cases a failure elsewhere can have a ripple through effect and take out other components / functions, but the above are the most common / likely"

it is probably the amp, but proper hands on diagnostics need to be carried out to verify 100%. Kindly please select a positive rating so that I receive proper credit for my time and answer. thank you
.