Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

hi,i have a 330cd/m sport,my question is,when I start my car

Customer Question

hi,i have a 330cd/m sport,my question is,when I start my car from cold it continues to smoke for abt 1minute with a strong smell of diesel,is it possible to stop this,once it's running it is fine,any answer's are welcome,regards andy.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is Steve and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

this is commonly due to faulty injectors which cause over fueling, or a failed engine sensor which leads to over fueling. a proper 1 hour diagnostic using factory BMW equipment should be able to verify

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your repairs.