Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

118 - key fob wont work in ignition. Getting a light on the

Customer Question

118 - key fob won't work in ignition. Getting a light on the dash with a key with a cross through it
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

This can be caused by low voltage. Try a jump start or new battery.

Also try a second key if you have not

If the above fail, then you likely have a failed car access system module which will require reprogramming or replacement. Unfortunately in such an event the vehicle must be towed to bmw.

Sorry to have possibly bad news, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.