Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Dec 2006 BMW 330D with 56K miles - FSH at BMW main

Customer Question

I have a Dec 2006 BMW 330D with 56K miles - FSH at BMW main dealers. Taken on more distance runs than local runs. However, over last 12 months since 45k, very unreliable, at 1970's British Car standard. Spent £1000 + on fan belt problems, £1500 k on steering problems, all over and above servicing. Now losing power and various warning lights coming on. Been told needs a decoke and new filters, bill of over £5k possibly! I've challenged both the dealer and BMW about the appalling reliability, but been told these are "normal" for a car this age and mileage. Don't buy this, as had an old 325i that I owned most of it's life and did 170k on it and only spent money on servicing and consumables. BMW and the main dealer couldn't car less and said this is normal, so need advice as to where to turn. To me this a rogue car and can't afford to spend all this money on it. Any advice appreciated
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Can you please clarify what type of advice you are seeking?