Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I had a dashboard error come up today on my 530i which seaid

Customer Question

I had a dashboard error come up today on my 530i which seaid "sel level susp inact" ive been told this is self leveling suspension. i was told to try and change the fuse in case this had blown which i did but the back of the car is still very very low. i have recently had 2 new rear tyres fitted could this have contributed to this problem ?. what other reasons could have caused this ?.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

this warning is not specific and is only intended to inform the driver that a fault is present. this warning does not aid in trouble shooting in any way, it simply means there is a problem with the air suspension.

there are many things which can cause this - a failure of the control module for the suspension, failure of a sensor, failure of the compressor, and air spring or other component in the system.

the good news is, when this warning comes on, the car's computer records a record of the problem in its fault memory, and these fault logs can be read out using proper diagnostic equipment

at this time, a fault scan is the next/only step in diagnosing this issue. you will need to use a main dealer or BMW specialist shop as very specific equipment is required to carry out these fault scans.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your repairs.