Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi! Please help! I just found I left my key in my BMW 328i

Customer Question

Hi! Please help! I just found I left my key in my BMW 328i overnight and on trying to restart the dash board lights up and I hear a whirring from steering wheel but engine does not start or turn over, is the deadlock on? Have had such before and seem to remover if I take off or reverse polarity on battery it may unlock the deadlock. The doors are not locked. Is this correct? Please advise. Many thanks Jason
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

What exactly does the car do when you try to start? Anything?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its too late i took the negative cable off the battery having waited 12 hours for an answer and retried and it and it started. thank you for responding but not mad about the websites service. to you however thanks

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Jason,

I am sorry we were unable to assist you. Please let me know if you would like me to close your question and reverse your charges.

Thank you for using JustAnswer UK,