Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

hello i have a bmw k1300r bike 2011, she wont start , its not

Customer Question

hello i have a bmw k1300r bike 2011, she wont start , its not the battery , i can hear the starter whizing round but not engaging the motor , so the motor wont turn over , any ideas how i can fix
Category: BMW
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

this sounds like a faulty bendix gear on the front of the starter

its either stuck or the spring is broken

either way remove the starter motor to inspect the state of the gear as the next step and be prepared to have to replace the starter
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Matt , i trawled through some forums last night and tried an idea , i put the bike in 2nd gear and pushed forward & popped the clutch then jerked it backward then forward , result bike started straight away , im guessing the front of the starter needs cleaning , can you give me a steer how to get it off ? ie diagram etc ?

Ian

Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.
Hello Ian

I'm afraid I don't have that image to help
I'll opt out and get someone else involved
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Ian,

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Hello Ian,

Please let me know if you would like me to continue to search for a Professional to assist you or if you would like me to close your question.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

close the question please

ian

Hello Ian,

I am sorry we were unable to assist you. As requested I will close your question.

Thank you for using JustAnswer UK,