Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hie l have a BMW 320 diesel l put the key on ignition but

Customer Question

Hie l have a BMW 320 diesel l put the key on ignition but did not start the car charged my phone then it just went off and won't realese the key
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
does the vehicle have electric power?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No there is no electrical power.i left the key in the ignition and on on position without the engine running for quite some time as I was charging my mobile phone,when I tried to take out the key it wouldn't came out of the ignition and it's not showing any electrical power even if I try to put it on
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

it sounds like you may have simply drained the battery so I would start by trying to jump start it, or charging it

if the car still shows zero signs of electrical life with jumper cables attached then you can also check battery connections and check fuses.

if still no luck, then this would most likely be due to a failed battery unit (the box on top of the battery), burning/melting of the positive battery cable or fuse box, or failure of the car access system.

these possibilities would unfortunately require professional intervention and parts replacement, so in that case it would be advisable to have the vehicle recovered by flatbed tow to your nearest BMW garage for a proper diagnostic and repair.

Sorry to have potentially bad news, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your repairs.