Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 520 diesel, has just flashed up, stop driving, or possible

Customer Question

My 520 diesel, has just flashed up, stop driving, or possible engine damage, due to low oil pressure, and check button when pressed in says increased emissions?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
what has been checked so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They have replaced a valve, that was sticking, there is a slight whirring noise, which is louder as you accelerate, but not as noticeable when cruising, the car is automatic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I they have replaced a valve, but engine making a whirring sound, noisier when accelerating than cruising, it's automatic, by the way. Also says emissions high
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello - and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - it would appear that the previous person that replied to you has now opted out of this question without letting you know - so I can help you from here..

Before we progress - can I just ask, have the fault codes been read... and if so , what are they?

Too - what sort of garage is doing the diagnostic checking for you ?

Also - please give me the cars Full reg number - and what is its service history like ?

Rgds - MIKE...................................