Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2000 E38 7 series. changed battery and now need a

Customer Question

I have a 2000 E38 7 series. changed battery and now need a immobiliser code,which i don't have..tried all according to mannual.. no good..is there a way of getting a code..
Category: BMW
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The only way to get the code at this point is by the use of a diagnostic scan tool which is connected to the vehicle and to retrieve the code from the ecu.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that's my problem. car outside house and no diagnostic tool..where to find at a reasonable price ?

The best and most cost effective way to handle this issue is to tow the vehicle to a independent shop that has the proper diagnostic tool and not go to the dealer. Most mobile mechanics won't have this and the tool is very expensive.