Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi, I have a 2010 BMW 530d. I took it for a service about 10

Hi, I have a 2010 BMW 530d. I took it for a service about 10 months ago and they changed the oil. Today I put some air in the tyres and reset the pressure on the idrive. When doing this I noticed the oil level is too high but I haven't touched the oil since the car was serviced. Also today I tried to put some water in the windscreen cleaner but it would only take a tiny bit before being full. Just wondering if this is a serious problem?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

No, these are not serious problems. It is best to not over fill the oil but since you've been driving like this for 10 months without issue, there really isn't an issue. You could have some oil drained at this time but it should be fine to wait until the next service.

As for the washer fluid, this is not an issue at all - you haven't been using much apparently

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. There is no washer fluid left as no water comes out when I try to wash the windscreen. I can only put in a very small amount and this seems to be quickly used by the headlamp washers instead of the windscreen. Is there any way they could be connected?
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

what is the last 7 digits of the vin?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
C376215
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

this vehicle has only one fluid reservoir that feeds all outlets for both the windscreen and headlamps so this system is fully connected.

if you cannot get any fluid to spray for the windshield or add much, then you may have a blockage or air pocket in the system, or a failed wash pump for the windscreen (the windscreen and head lamp washers share a reservoir but have their own pumps). you could try checking fuses but that isn't a likely cause - more likely the wash pump is bad or there is some other blockage/restriction/air.