Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi, I recently purchased a 2010 120D cabriolet. Radio/ CD and

Customer Question

Hi, I recently purchased a 2010 120D cabriolet. Radio/ CD and display were all working fine this morning. Used the car again about an hour ago, but no radio/ CD display at all and no sound. Tried turning the engine off and back on, tried pressing in the volume switch, tried scrolling through the medium changer (CD/ radio) tried all buttons on steering wheel. On scrolling the volume up there is a single (not constant) interference-type crackle over the speakers. Please can you help? Thanks in advance
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Check your fuses if you have not

If no fuses are blown, then you can try unhooking the car battery for an hour to preform a full reset.

If the issue persists then I am afraid that you are dealing with hardware or software failure which will require parts replacement (most likely of the radio itself) and/or reprogramming of the system

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.