Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi my wifes Z3 2.0 6cl yr 2000 has a problem . New coils

Customer Question

Hi my wife's Z3 2.0 6cl yr 2000 has a problem . New coils and plugs just fitted but still the same problem (expensive non rectification!). Starts OK , but after about 10 mins (warming up) it then starts to miss and the engine revs fluctuate on tick over . If then stop, after 3-5 mins it will continue its journey for 30 mins or so with no issues . Just stopping and turning on the engine straight away does not "reset" it to normal .
Obviously when I take it out not in traffic for a longish run ...I do not experience the problems!.... that she has with stop start traffic in the morning and evenings in rush hour.
any ideas ? ...before I run out of money !
Phil
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Phil,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will wait till Tuesday morning .
Phil Whitehead
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi \Paul .

What codes did you retrive with the diagnostic tool .

Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg

The engine light is not on when running. As regards the diagnostic codes I am afraid I don't know these as my mechanic did this work (normally very good) , just disappointed he ended up replacing all plugs and coils ...and still just the same :-(..

Phil

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Phil .

Ask your Shop if they checked for malfunction codes .on these car it always the norm to check for malfunction codes before any work is carried out, to prevent any unnecessary part replacement.

Rgds Greg