Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Bmw 1 series wipers stop in rain sense mode No washers on

Customer Question

Bmw 1 series wipers stop in rain sense mode
No washers on front but rear works
Only to stop turn off then restart
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ...

This is unlikely to be any relay fault as you have the fault you describe and no washers...they are separate circuits - but work through a "computer module"..

You may have two separate faults though - one being the rain sensor itself - or the module..or the motor ( it is impossible to say at this point without tests ) and the other is a faulty washer pump for the front - or simply a blocked line to the nozzles..

Given these issues, you could have the washer system checked quite easily - any small type garage can do that for you - as to they can deal with the rain sensor issue - by way of testing etc - but you may find that you will need BMW equipment ( to test ) the module /computer if the rain sensor proves ok - If the garage you use doesn't have that - you will need the help of a Bmw garage - at least to run the tests and then go from there..
Let me know how you go / if you need anything more - Im sorry its not straight forward for you - but that is the way forward on this one now -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything else -

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.