Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

bmw 320d 2004 reg e 46 when I turn off the ignition and remove

Customer Question

bmw 320d 2004 reg e 46 when I turn off the ignition and remove the key all dash lihts come on including rear fog lights and wipers, it would also appear the battwery has on flat in the ignition key. thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Can you please clarify exactly what happens when you remove the key?

The engine revs? Or just the guage goes up?

The wipers come on, or just a dash light?

Etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Steve, when I remove the key completely, I can even get out of the car and lock it manually all ignition lights and dash board lights come on,

as if I`m all ready to drive off, and they say on as do the fog lights and even the wipers if I turn them on. other than that the car drives perfectly. Kind Regards Mike

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

This would most commonly be caused by a failed ignition switch. You need to have your ignition switch replaced.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.