Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi, i have a 2000 530d e39 and my hazard lights started flashing

Customer Question

Hi, i have a 2000 530d e39 and my hazard lights started flashing but no lights on the dashboard, when i kept pressing the hazard switch they started working normally for a while but when i switched everything off and got out of the car they were flashing again with no sound from the flasher unit,
At the same time when i flashed the headlights and released the stock they stayed on and i had to switch on the headlights on and off to get them to go off
Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Have the faults been read from the vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi, sorry for getting back to you a little late but the problem was in my ignition key, it would lock the car ok but you had to keep pressing to try to open the car

so i removed the fuse for the alarm and opened the car manually but on saturday night my wife obviously pressed as she was opening the door, anyway it is sorted now