Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

When the lights switch is on A my headlights work automatically,

Customer Question

When the lights switch is on 'A' my headlights work automatically, however, occasionally sometimes that same switch moves to '0' by itself??? Why does this happen?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello

this is a common complaint on this model

usually people simply hit the switch with their knee on the way out, thus moving it

it could also be that your switch is defective and moving on its own, but usually it is the knee thing, especially for taller people.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.