Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 3 series had misfire message on cylinder 4. new coil fitted

Customer Question

BMW 3 series had misfire message on cylinder 4. new coil fitted and was ok for a month or so now the EML light on again, car took some time to start this morning but did eventually but was then "shuddering" for quite a distance. When parked up and started car again the EML light didnt come on and engine was ok. Any advice as I am taking to garage this afternoon please.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

this is most commonly caused by a failed throttle body or failed throttle body wiring harness.

you should have the faults read from the car using a factory BMW scan tool or equivalent as this will provide much more detail than a generic tool. the wiring harness throttle section also needs to be checked carefully

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle