Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

my 2000 320d, heater is cooling down when driving, any ide

Customer Question

my 2000 320d, heater is cooling down when driving, any ideas?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Does the engine reach operating temperature?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it only goes just above the first mark on guage when on idle and back to the blue when driving, not loseing any water from rad

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
That is the reason then. Your engine is not warming up sufficiently. This is what the cabin heater derives heat from. The most likely cause of your engine temp issue is a failed thermostat. I would suggest replacing the water pump and thermostat together.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.