Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

BMW R56 Mini key fob has stopped working after changing the

Customer Question

BMW R56 Mini key fob has stopped working after changing the car battery. How do I re program the key fob?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

I can wait a couple more days but will have to send the car to a garage in order to resolve the problem if no responses by the weekend.

regards

Bob

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Can you start the car .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg,

The car starts fine. The issue is the remotes will not work to lock or unlock the car

regards

Bob

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Okay the problem you are most likely having is the battery internal in the key fob is not charging or not holding the charge ,if you have another fob try this one but you will have to charge it first by sticking it in the ignition switch and turn to on.

If you have the same problem your only option is to visit the local Mini dealer or BMW dealer that also will have the software to check reprogram or repair your issue.

The flat battery has most likely caused a internal malfunction where a reprogramming is needed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg