Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

i have an 18 year old BMW Z4. i locked the car on saturday

Customer Question

i have an 18 year old BMW Z4. i locked the car on saturday afternoon, when i tried to unlock it on sunday the door will not open. when i turn the key the door lock plunger actually moves up and down but the door lock does release.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

there was no Z4 in 1996. What model are we referring to?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To be honest im not sure. it is def an Z4 but its got a private plate. its my sons bosses car, he came round on sat and left his car on the street near my house. i moved the car and put it on my drive to be safe overnight. the next day when he tried to open it it just wouldnt unlock. he had to go down to cambridge on a coures so left the car and took thr train. as i said the key goes in ok and turns, the door plunger moves about 3/4 of the way up but the door lock does not release. i have sprayed WD40 into tonight in the hope that that may sort it.

ive jest checked with my son sorry the car is a Z3 he says its a T reg