Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My E30 325i convertable auto has began to miss fire/sputter

Customer Question

My E30 325i convertable auto has began to miss fire/sputter as it changes gear, in normal mode and sports mode. Year 1989
Category: BMW
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome... My name is MIKE.. Im happy to help you with this..

Mike :

Given the symptoms you describe / outline, this is more likely to be a ignition / fuelling issue - so , basically the service items on the car need a good checking over first before considering anything to to do with the trans... You can check the auto fluid of course yes - that is a service item - but the symptoms do point to the above ...

Mike :

So you need to check over in that respect - replacing any worn or over dure items on the service agenda - ie, spark plugs , filters - even engine oil and filter as may be due / needed - as poor oil can cause the engine to run like that in some circumstances..

Mike :

So work forward / through as above on this .. Let me know how you get on..

Mike :

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.