Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

will bmw alloys 275/40/ R19 (REAR) and 245/45/R19 (front wheels)

Customer Question

will bmw alloys 275/40/ R19 (REAR) and 245/45/R19 (front wheels) work on bmw 5 series 2004 54plate 530d, and if not what sizes can I use
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

are these 5 series rims?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes as I am led to believe

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
so then the question is tyre size compatibility, not wheel/alloy fitment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Steve these are wheels to go on to bmw 5 series 2004 54plate, those are the measurements on the tyres that are on the alloy wheels

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I understand that. If you say the wheels are meant for a 5 series, then they will fit. This means your question is whether or not the tyres will fit, correct? You have not provided any information on the wheels other than to say they are for a 5 series, so I cannot comment on the wheels, only the tyre sizes you have quoted. please confirm.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

the max approved tyre size for this car is:

Front: 245/35 19

Rear: 275/30 19

anything larger than this is at risk of rubbing. I would not install the set you reference above for this reason as it is well over this and pretty much guaranteed to rub. I would stick with the above size. You could possibly get away with 245/40 19 and 275/35 19, but I would not bother because this isn't going to do anything for you above and beyond the approved size, other than possibly rub.

The tyre size you reference is a 7 series size, so I would suspect the wheels may not be for a 5 series to begin with.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.