Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My 330i 52 plate, has just started with the alarm going off,

My 330i 52 plate, has just started with the alarm going off, went to unlock it, only to find central locking not working, wipers going, dashboard lights on, brakelights on, all starts fine and drives ok?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
what diagnostics have been carried out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No diagnostics done, as it stands the central locking not working, brake lifhts on, also showing brakelight bulbs on dashboard, igniniton and odometer, cruise control indicator, and engine temp at max, when you put keys in and turn ignition on, all goes back to normal and works fine. I have tried disconnting battery, currently disconnected to save battery
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

these symptoms suggest to me a failed ignition switch or failed control module.

the ignition switch is inexpensive so I would start there.

if the problem persists, then it is likely to be one of the vehicle's control modules which has failed and is playing up. To diagnose this, you could try unhooking modules one by one until you find the one that fixes the issue, or try having the vehicle scanned for faults using a BMW diagnostic computer.

again, I would start with the ignition switch

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.