Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Please help! BMW 1 series 07 plate 118d electronics inside

Please help! BMW 1 series 07 plate 118d electronics inside car are playing up.. 3min in to my journey music will switch itself off, steering wheel buttons will not work, heating turns off and indicators do not work (works on outside but I can't tell what's happening on dashboard)... Everything on dash board is no longer visible. How much will this type of problem cost to fix with BMW as I was told to just get rid of car as will be a lot?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello,

this is usually due to a failed ignition switch which is not expensive to have repaired, maybe £200 total.

the other possibilities for the cause would be a wiring / connection issue, or a failed control module of some kind. A failed module can get expensive depending on which (into the hundreds), and a wiring issue will only get expensive if it takes a long time to ferret out.

Again, I would say it is most likely the ignition switch which should be inexpensive and quick to repair.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.