Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

As i slow down on the foot rake then take my foot of the car

Customer Question

As i slow down on the foot rake then take my foot of the car gives a small jerk I have been told it is not unusual in these models my car is an x5 3ltr sports diesel on an 05plate
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Is this an automatic or manul transmission? Where does the jerk originate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The car is automatic and it feels as though it wants to pull away although I know very little engine wise just for a split second it feels like I need to reapply the foot brake hope this helps. A garage told me a programme is supplied at £120 by bmw to correct the fault
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

this type of issue if often resolved by reprogramming by BMW, so I would start there.

it is also possible that it could be an issue with the transmission output joint or an internal transmission mechanical fault or low transmission fluid, but a software update is the first ting to try.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.