Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi i drive a 318i 01, The buttons on the key stopped working

Hi i drive a 318i 01, The buttons on the key stopped working ages ago and now the barrel in the driver door lock has broke leaving me with no way of locking my car!! what would be the most sensible fix for this issue?
cheers John
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

The most sensible fix will be to purchase a new key (or two) and to have a new key barrel fitted as well.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.