Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I HAVE A 1989 E30 320se. The rev. counter and temp. guage have

I HAVE A 1989 E30 320se. The rev. counter and temp. guage have packed up. Is it difficult to fix and a rough estimate of likely cost? Thanks -David Webb
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

this shouldn't be too expensive.

there are lots of instructions online to fix various E30 cluster components, and also rebuilders you can send the cluster to for professional repair. Approx 200 if you send it out for professional repair.

worst case, the components within the cluster are all individual on the E30, so you could get replacements online or from a scrap yard and replace each

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.