Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My BMW featured a warning symbol in the

Customer Question

My BMW featured a warning symbol in the form of a large letter T in bright yellow. I have never seen this symbole before nor does it feature in my book of the car. My car is a series 5 and is 10 years old. The symbol disappears quickly once the car is driven and doesn't always appear. At the same time some very small clicking sounds can be heard coming from the front of the car. John XXXXX

Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
can you please post an image of the light you have
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have a photo but the image is of a side view of a car with a line descending from it to touch a horizontal line beneath it. It looks like the side image of a car standing on an inverted T shape. In my car the image is yellow. I apologise for the misleading information I gave you originally.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

what is the last 7 of the vin of your car?

you say the car is 10 years old, which would make it a 2004, but then you say it is a 2000? I will need the last 7 of the vin to verify what vehicle we are discussing.