Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi there, i am looking at buying a bmw m sport 520, 2010" manual,"

Hi there, i am looking at buying a bmw m sport 520, 2010" manual," it has 111000 miles on the clock. i normally would never even look at a car with this high mileage, but it has the exact spec that i have been looking for. Its a one owner car with a decent looking hystory.the car is straight but my concern is the mileage. should i leave it? is it too high. also it is the f model (new model 2010), are these giving the same problem as the older model with regards XXXXX XXXXX cam chain?

thanks

Des
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Do you have the vin of the car?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No afraid not, but slight change in circumstances, but more or less same question, its now a 2011 bmw 520 m sport with 85ooomiles.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
The new models don't have the same cam chain issues as the older ones.

However, 85000mi is a fair amount so you could run into some issues (fuel system, turbo issues, cooling system) before too long. It also of course depends on service and repair history. If some wear components (like I mentioned above) have already been replaced, this alleviates some concerns.

85 is better than 111, but you would be better off spending more for a lower mileage car for sure.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No Thats fine,

i appreciate your answer, your bang on of course,

Thanks again,

Des,

ps positive report ofcourseWink