Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have no reception on my radio, just hissing, it used to work

I have no reception on my radio, just hissing, it used to work just stopped. car is 745i 2002,any suggestions on how I can go about finding the cause/ repairing it?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
do you CD audio?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes CD works fine

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

this would normally be a failed radio receiver or possibly issue with the antenna.

check your fuses if you have not.

normally to diagnose, the vehicle would be scanned using a BMW scan tool as the first step in diagnosing, so I would suggest this. BMW does not provide manual testing procedures or specs.

you could potentially have an audio shop do some manual testing, but ideally a scan is the way to go.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.