Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a BMW 530d estate 2007. Both keys are not working.

I have a BMW 530d estate 2007. Both keys are not working. It's not the charging of them, there must be some electrical problem with the car's mechanism.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello

can you please clarify exactly what is not working?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Both keys do not operate the central locking system, either to lock or unlock, except on very few random one-off occasions. Once I'm in the car the keys operate the ignition perfectly OK.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

this could simply be two weak key batteries.

it could also be a problem with the remote receiver / central locking system on the vehicle

you can always check fuses as well, but this is unlikely to be fuse related.

a bmw garage has the equipment to check this quite easily so it should not be a difficult or time consuming diagnostic. more than likely you will require either a new key, or some parts replacement and/or reprogramming

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.